Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When I Think About Cheating.


Today as I was laying in the grass of Annie Kellar School in Mount Greenwood, I lied down and listened to music while thinking. Really deep thinking. Then a song that very strongly relates to a current problem that has presented itself just over the past weekend had came on. It brought the topic back to mind, and once again I was troubled in my thoughts. A person had changed my entire life in just a matter of seconds. In a world of teenage gossip, when word goes around that, so and so had cheated on their significant other, it’s like top news and spreads faster than a wildfire.


Sitting at my grandparents house discussing the dinner party that had just ended a few hours before with my grandmother, I received a text. The text was asking if it was true if I cheated on my current boyfriend. I responded with a simple no, the truth. At that second, nothing was the same. I was being called a liar by a person who didn’t know. The only two people who knew exactly what happened the night of that horrid accusation were myself and the boy who was to blame. I was in a situation that had no right moves, I could never win. I deny the accusations because I cannot admit to something I haven’t done. I own up to my mistakes. I’m not someone who could hurt the one I love so carelessly and continue to due so by lying. I would rather be brutally honest than become the unbelievable. But I was to late. The notion of my being unfaithful had sunken into his head and was there to stay.


So what was my next move going to be? Do I sit here and wait for the one I love to accept that I was, just possibly, the only one who told the truth about that night? Or do I give up like I’ve done the rest of my life. Just throw my hands up and put my head down? Do I surrender to the rumors? Do I accept love in defeat?


I don’t quite know what my move is going to be, but for now, I plan on taking it day by day and attempting to fix all that was broken. I will try to pick up the pieces again, just as I have always done with him. Why? Because even though he may not believe it, he is my everything and I’m not quite ready to give that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment